Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A brief story of Los Angeles public transport...

This morning I sat on a bench in the subway station drawing as I awaited my train. A man says to me,

"Can I have Some of that?"

Me: "What?"

"Can I have some of that?"

And the dude pointed to the bench this time. So I told him no because, it was just too early in the morning for phrasing games.

On my way home from work at Highland and Sunset there was a dude wearing a sandwich board that said, "Does Jesus have your heart? ...Or will you spend an eternity apart?" I was standing in the general vicinity of the guy as I waited for the crosswalk to change and he said to me, "Have you given your heart to Christ?" I told him that I was sorry, but I don't speak with sodomites. I amuse myself. I will never drive again.

Videos...So I haven't taken the time recently to compile some more riot grrrl videos, but here are some swell videos in the mean time.


I don't really know much of anything about this band, but I dig the track.


This video is not only great, but it was requested by a friend of mine. Not riot grrrl, but who does not love the droning suicidal voice of Ian Curtis? I think I need to step into my kitchen now... (my kitchen is also my entire apartment)


Here's a great cover of Bikini Kill's "Tell Me So." I am a fan of lofi synth bedroom made music. If you are a fan of bedroom made Casio music as well check out the OG Panty Complex, Amy Casio, and EndlesslyDry. Theys should all be on myspace.

No comments: